You can convert multiple images to any supported file format. You can set the options for each format individually, specify how to handle multiple-page images, and apply the conversion defaults automatically. The Convert File Format Wizard guides you through the process.
To get more help with any of the controls within the Convert File Format Wizard, click the What’s This Help button in the top right corner of the wizard, and then click any control for more information.
To convert an image to another file format:
- Do one of the following:
- In Manage mode, select one or more images, and then click Tools | Batch | Convert File Format.
- In View mode, click Tools | Modify | Convert File Format.
- On the Select a format page, select a new format for your image or images from the list displayed on the Format tab.
- Select the Advanced Options tab to change the settings for this wizard.
- Click Next to continue.
- On the Set output options page, identify where you want to place the converted images, and specify how you want the wizard to handle any file name conflicts by selecting one of the following options from the Overwrite existing files drop-down list:
- Ask: Prompts you when overwriting a file.
- Skip: Cancels the operation if there is a file with the same file name and extension.
- Replace: Overwrites the file without prompting for confirmation.
- Rename: Prompts you to rename the file.
- On the Set multiple page options page, you can specify how you want to handle any multiple-page images you are converting.
If you did not select any multiple-page images to convert, and did not specify a multiple-page image format as your output file format, you can skip the options on this page.
- When you are satisfied with your choices, click Start Convert, and wait a few seconds while the wizard converts your images.