Browsing favorite files
Creating a shortcut
You can create shortcuts to folders and files, and even run executable files, from inside the Favorites pane. Favorite shortcuts can be copied, renamed, moved, or deleted just like a folder. You can even use an executable shortcut to start another application from inside ACDSee 12. You can also create a shortcut by dragging a file, folder, or executable file directly from the File List pane to the Favorites pane.
To create a Favorites shortcut:
- In the File List pane, select a file, folder, or executable file.
- Do one of the following:
- Right-click the item you selected, and then select Add to Favorites.
- Click File | Add to Favorites.
- Type a name for the new shortcut and click OK.
Creating a new folder
You can create a folder, or an entire directory tree, in the Favorites pane to help organize your shortcuts.
To create a new folder:
- In the Favorites pane, right-click the Favorites folder, or a folder you previously created, and then select New | Folder.
- Type the name of the folder and press Enter.
If you move a file or a folder that is a favorite, you break the link and the favorite no longer works.
Deleting a shortcut or folder
You can delete a shortcut or folder from within the Favorites pane.
To delete a shortcut or folder:
In the Favorites pane, right-click the shortcut or folder, click Delete, and then click Yes to confirm that you want to delete the shortcut or folder.