In Manage mode, you can sort your files according to different file properties to quickly organize your images, find specific files, and create a range of files with similar attributes for easy selection.
To sort items in the File List:
- Click View | Sort By, and then select a sort option:
- Size (KB)
- Image Type
- Modified Date
- Image Properties
- More (sort by database, EXIF, file properties, image attributes, IPTC information, or multimedia attributes)
- To set the direction of the sort, click View | Sort By, and then select a direction:
- Sort Forward
- Sort Backward
Your sort settings are saved until you change them. For example, if you sort images in the File List pane according to Rating, the images will remain sorted according to Rating until you change the sort settings.
Sorting files using column headers
You can quickly sort files in Details view mode using column headings.
To sort files using a column header:
- Click a column header.
An arrow appears, indicating the sort direction.
- Click the column header again to change the sort direction.
Custom sorting files
You can use custom sorting to customize the order of files in the File List pane. After custom sorting your files, ACDSee 12 automatically saves the file order for the selected folder until you change it or delete the custom sort order.
To customize the sorting order of your files:
- Select one or more files.
- Drag the selected files to a new location in the File List.
To delete a custom sort order, click View | Sort By, and then select Delete Custom Sort.