You can download photos from a CD or DVD using the Import From dialog box, or the Folders pane. Before you import photos, you can browse to the CD and view them just like any other folder and then simply copy and paste them into a new location.
If you use the Import From dialog box, you can set the subfolder options to import complex folder structures intact, including all the folder names. You can also organize your files as you import them, as well as create a duplicate backup folder, simultaneously.
To import photos from a CD or DVD:
- Insert the CD or DVD into the drive.
- Do one of the following:
- If the Device Detector is on and detects the CD, when the ACDSee Device Detector dialog box opens, select Import files and then OK.
- If you have more than one CD or DVD drive connected to your computer, select the device you want to use, and then click OK.
- In Manage mode, click File | Import | From CD/DVD.
- In the Import From dialog box, select the import from options you want to use, and then click Import.
- To browse your imported photos, click Yes when the Import Complete dialog box displays.