ACDSee 12 makes it easy to import photos from any other storage device, computer, network, flash drive etc. In fact any device that your computer can map to. When you connect a removable drive, or to a network, disk or another computer, ACDSee 12 sees it as a removable drive and you can browse to it, and around it, using the Folders pane. You can just copy and paste the files into ACDSee 12.
If the files in the disk or drive have a complex folder structure or you want to organize, rename, and back up the files as you import them, it is worth using the Import From dialog box, which has import settings do all of these tasks simultaneously.
To import photos from a disk:
- Connect the disk to the computer.
- Do one of the following:
- If the Device Detector is on and detects the disk, when the ACDSee Device Detector dialog box opens, select Import files, and then click OK.
- If you have more than one disk or drive connected to your computer, select the device you want to use, and then click OK.
- In Manage mode, click File | Import | From Disk.
- In the Browse for Folder dialog box, navigate to the removable drive or device in the folder tree, and then click OK.
- In the Import From dialog box, select the options you want to use, and then click Import.
- To browse your imported photos, click Yes when the Import Complete dialog box displays.