You can use the ACD Database Convert Wizard to take database information from previous versions of ACDSee 12 or ACD mPower Tools, and add it to your current database. This ensures that any information associated with your files using a previous version of ACDSee 12 is referenced properly in the current database.
If you have already added information to your current ACDSee 12 database, it is recommended that you create a backup of your database before converting an older ACDSee 12 database.
To convert an older database:
- In Manage mode, click Tools | Database | Convert Database.
- On the Welcome page, click Next to select your conversion options.
- On the Database Convert Options page, specify the version of the database file you want to convert, as well as its location on your hard drive. Click Next.
- To automatically rebuild image thumbnails and EXIF information after the conversion process is complete, select the Rebuild Thumbnails and EXIF data check box.
- To automatically update your database after converting, select the Optimize database files after convert check box.
- Click Next.
- On the Summary page, review your selections, and then click Next to convert your database.
- Database backup tips and strategies
- Mapping drives for an incoming database