You can use the Optimize Database Wizard to quickly remove redundant or outdated database records. Optimizing your database, along with performing regular database maintenance, helps regain hard drive space and improves the overall performance of ACDSee 12.
If you are cataloging large numbers of files regularly, it is helpful to optimize weekly, or after an extended cataloging session. This is also a good time to backup the database.
To optimize your database:
- In Manage mode, click Tools | Database | Optimize Database.
- In the Database Optimization Wizard, click Next.
- Select one or both of the following:
- Optimize the database tables and fields: Removes obsolete information from the database, reduces the space used by database fields, and re-indexes the tables.
- Remove orphans from database: Removes any orphan database entries, caused by files or folders deleted by other programs.
- Click Next.
- When the wizard has finished, click Finish to return to ACDSee 12.