With ACDSee 12 you can create a master list of keywords and store the list in the database. By using a master list, you can reduce the number of duplicate or misspelled keywords, and improve your search returns and image management. The database automatically updates the keywords assigned to files with any changes you make to the keywords in the master list.
To create and maintain the master keyword list:
- In the Properties pane, on the Database tab, click the Keyword Picker button beside the Keywords field.
- In the Keyword Picker dialog box, click Edit List.
- In the Keyword List Editor dialog box, do one of the following:
- To create a new keyword, type a new keyword into the New value field, and then click Add.
- To delete a keyword, select a keyword in the Value list field, and then click Remove.
- To rename a keyword, select a keyword in the Value list field. Click Rename, type a new name for the keyword, and then press Enter.
- To assign keywords to your files, select one or more keywords in the Available Keywords list, and then click Assign.
- To remove a keyword from your files, select a keyword in the Assigned Keywords list, and then click Remove.
- When you are satisfied with your changes, click OK to close the Keyword Picker dialog box.