You can use the Organize pane to create, rename, delete, and move your categories.
To create a category:
- Do one of the following:
- In Manage mode, click Edit | Set Categories | New Category.
- Right-click a category in the Organize pane, and then select New Category.
- Select one of the following:
- Create a new, top-level category
- Create a sub-category within the current selection
- If you are creating a sub-category, select a top-level (or parent) category from the drop-down list. (If you right-clicked a category in the Organize pane, the new sub-category will be added below that category by default.)
- Type a name for the new category in the Name field.
- Click OK.
When you create a new top-level category, you can select an icon to help identify the category. The Icon drop-down only appears if the Show Icons check box is selected on the Organize page of the Options dialog box. In Manage mode, click Tools | Options, and then select Organize.
To manage your categories:
Select a category in the Organize pane, and do one of the following:
- To move the category, drag it to the new location.
- To edit the category, right-click the selected category and select Edit Category.
- To delete the category, right-click the selected category and select Delete.