It is easy to take hundreds of photos at an important event like a wedding or a marathon. After you have transferred those photos to your computer, you will want to review them and select the best photos. Tagging is a fast and easy way to identify your best photos or to separate them for editing or review.
The tagging check box is at the bottom right corner of the thumbnails. Click the check box to tag or un-tag photos. Photos remain tagged until you clear the checkmark from the check box.
You can display all your tagged photos with one click. Tagging, like categories and ratings, is a way to set aside, organize, and group your photos without moving the files into different folders.
It is good practice to apply categories and ratings to tagged photos, then clear the tags from the photos. Categories and ratings are more effective for organizing and grouping your photos over a long period of time.
To tag a photo in Manage mode or View mode:
Do one of the following:
- In Manage mode, select the check box in the bottom right corner of the thumbnail.
- In View mode, select the check box in the bottom right corner of the status bar.
- In View mode, click View | Properties to display the Properties pane, click the Database tab, then select the Tagged check box.
To tag a photo when you are comparing images:
- Do one of the following:
- Click the image in the Compare Images Viewer, then click the Tag button in the Image toolbar.
- In the Comparison List, select the check box in the bottom right corner of the image thumbnails.
- Click OK. The Compare Images Viewer closes. You will see a checkmark in the check box of the images that you tagged.
To display a tagged photo:
In Manage mode, click View | Organize to display the Organize pane, then click Tagged.
Tagged photos from all your folders display in the File List pane.