A plug-in is a software module that adds functionality to a larger program. ACDSee 12 comes standard with many different plug-ins.
Types of plug-ins
- Image Decode: Converts a file from a binary format to the image displayed in ACDSee 12. Decode plug-ins allow ACDSee 12 to display images of many different file formats. The files that you can view with ACDSee 12 depend on which decoding plug-ins are installed on your computer.
- Image Encode: Converts the image displayed in ACDSee 12 to a binary file format. Encode plug-ins allow ACDSee 12 to save (or convert) images to many different file formats. The files that you can edit and save with ACDSee 12 depend on which encoding plug-ins are installed on your computer.
- Archive: Allows ACDSee 12 to display and save archives of many different file formats. The archives that you can view and create with ACDSee 12 depend on which archive plug-ins are installed on your computer.
- Camera: Allows ACDSee 12 to browse images on your digital camera and transfer them to a folder on your hard drive.
- Command Extension: Adds functionality to ACDSee 12. For example, there is a plug-in that you can use to share your images over the Internet.
- Pane Extension: Adds a pane to ACDSee 12 where you can perform tasks like order prints of your digital images.
We cannot ensure the quality of plug-ins that are not certified by ACD Systems. As with any other piece of software, you are trusting that the plug-in is free of viruses and that the company that produced the plug-in is trustworthy.