Creating a desktop slideshow
You can use ACDSee Showroom to create a slideshow of your photos and display that slideshow in a small window on your computer desktop. You can run up to 16 different slideshows on your computer at once.
You can configure the ACDSee Showroom window to always stay on top of other application windows. You can also configure it to open when you start your computer. You do not have to open ACDSee 12 to use ACDSee Showroom.
To create a desktop slideshow with ACDSee Showroom:
- In Manage mode, navigate to a folder containing images that you want to add to the desktop slideshow.
- Do one of the following:
- Click Tools | Create | ACDSee Showroom.
- Click Start | Programs | ACD Systems | ACDSee Showroom.
The slideshow starts immediately and the ACDSee Showroom icon appears in the taskbar.
Using the ACDSee Showroom slideshow controls
There are a number of slideshow controls in the ACDSee Showroom window.
- Click the Back or Forward buttons to display the previous or next photos in the slideshow.
- Click the Pause button to pause the slideshow while a particular photo is displayed.
If you cannot see these slideshow controls in the ACDSee Showroom window, click anywhere in the window. The controls disappear while the slideshow is playing so you can fully enjoy your photos.
To create more than one ACDSee Showroom:
With ACDSee Showroom open, do one of the following:
- Right-click in the ACDSee Showroom window and select New Showroom.
- Click the ACDSee Showroom icon in the taskbar and select New Showroom.
To close ACDSee Showroom:
Do one of the following:
- Click Close in the ACDSee Showroom window.
- Click the ACDSee Showroom icon in the taskbar and select Exit ACDSee Showroom.
If you have configured ACDSee Showroom to open when you start your computer, it will automatically open the next time you start your computer.