Creating a PowerPoint presentation
You can create a PowerPoint presentation quickly from inside ACDSee 12 using the Create PPT Wizard. The wizard walks you through the process of creating or editing a presentation using your photos. You can set slide duration, the location of the file, number of images per slide and whether or not to use a design template as a background. You can also add captions, a title, or notes to each slide.
This feature only works if you have Microsoft PowerPoint installed on your computer. The feature does not support RAW files, so you will need to convert RAW files to another format.
To create a PowerPoint presentation:
- In Manage mode, in the File List pane, select the images you want to share.
- Click Tools | Create | PPT.
- On the Choose images page of the Create PPT Wizard, click Add if you want to add more images.
- Click Next.
- On the Presentation Options page, do one or all of the following:
- In the Presentation Options area, if this is a new presentation, set the duration that you want each slide to display.
- If you are editing a presentation, select Existing presentation to activate the Path field, and browse to your presentation. Select whether you want to Insert slides at the beginning or end of the presentation.
- Select the Number of images per slide from the drop-down list. (If you select more than one, the Tile and Notes options on the next page do not appear.)
- Select Link to Image file if you want your images to stay linked to ACDSee 12 rather than be embedded in the presentation.
- Click Use a design template if you want to use a background template and browse to the folder on your computer to select it. (PowerPoint templates are usually under Microsoft Office | Templates | Presentation Designs.)
- Click Next.
- On the Text Options page, do one or all of the following:
- On the Caption tab, type in a caption and select its background color and alignment. You can also select a different font, or insert metadata like file name or picture dimensions. Captions appear at the bottom of the slide.
- On the Title tab, type in a title for the slide and select its background color and alignment. You can also select a different font, or insert metadata.
- On the Notes tab, type in any notes that you want to appear in the Notes section attached to each slide. These notes do not appear on the slide itself.
- Click Create.
The presentation opens in PowerPoint where you can edit it like any other presentation.