You can use the Archive Creator plug-in to create archives of your images and media files. Archive Creator supports multiple archive formats, and helps you manage your files using compression, encryption, and password protection tools.
To create an archive:
- In Manage mode, in the File List pane, select a folder or group of files.
- Click Tools | Create | Archive.
- In the Create Archive dialog box, in the Options area, click the Archive Type drop-down list and select the archive format you want to create.
Some archive formats have additional settings that you can adjust by clicking the Settings button.
- Do any of the following:
- To include the contents of any subfolders you selected, select the Include subfolders check box.
- To include any hidden files in your archive, select the Include hidden files check box.
- To remove the selected files and folders from your hard drive once they have been added to the archive, select the Delete files after archiving check box.
- To protect the contents of your archive with a password, select the Password Protect Archive check box, and type a password into the field beside it. Note that not all archive types support passwords, and some formats require them.
- Type a path and file name into the Output File field, or click Browse to locate a folder on your hard drive.
- Select one of the following:
- Add to existing archive: Adds your files to an existing archive. This option is only available if the archive specified in the Output File field already exists.
- Overwrite existing archive: Replaces any existing archive with the archive you are creating. This option is only available if the archive specified in the Output File field already exists.
- When you are satisfied with your choices, click Create to begin archiving your files.