You can use the Send Email Wizard to send images directly from ACDSee 12 without opening an external email application. To use the Send Email Wizard, you will need an active email account, and have a default email application set up on your computer, or have access to an SMTP server.
To email your images:
- In the File List pane, select the images you want to email, and then click File | Send | Email Images.
- If you want to add other images, click Add. When you have finished adding images, click OK.
- If you want to delete images, select an image and click Remove. The image is removed from the wizard, but not deleted from ACDSee 12.
- If you want to set email and image options, such as the maximum size for emails or the conversion of images to JPEG, click Options. When you have finished selecting options, click Apply.
- If you want to change the email account settings, to use either your default email client or an SMTP server, click Change. When you have finished changing your email account settings, click OK.
- In the Send Email Wizard, click Next.
- If you selected Send using your default email client, the wizard adds your images and email information to a new email message. You can edit the message and then send it as you normally would.
- If you selected Send through an SMTP server, in the wizard, enter the email address you want to send the email to, a subject for the email, and a message. Click Next.
- When the images have been sent, click Finish to close the wizard.
Some Internet-based email applications such as Hotmail and Yahoo (free accounts) do not support SMTP and cannot be used with the Send Email Wizard. For others, such as Gmail, Yahoo (upgraded accounts), and AOL, you must configure the account for POP/SMTP. To learn how to configure these types of email accounts, visit their specific websites and search for SMTP.