Extracting archived (.zip) files
You can extract archived (.zip) files very quickly and easily without leaving ACDSee 12. You can either extract the files to a folder or simply double-click and view them.
To extract an archived file to a folder:
- In Manage mode, navigate to the folder containing the archived file, using the Folders pane.
- Click the archived file in the File List.
- Click Edit | Extract to Folder.
- In the Extract to Folder dialog, navigate to, and select the folder where you want to keep the files.
- To create a new folder, click Create Folder, type in the name of the folder and then press Enter.
- Use the Overwriting duplicate files drop-down list if you want to specify what do so with files in the folder that have the same name as those you are extracting. You can select any of the following:
- Ask: To be asked what to do about each individual file.
- Rename: Duplicates are given a new name.
- Replace: Duplicate files are overwritten.
- Skip: No duplicates are extracted.
- Click OK.
To view files inside an archived file:
- In Manage mode, navigate to the folder containing the archived file.
- Double-click the archived file.
Thumbnails of the contents of the archived file open in the File List pane.