With ACDSee 12, you can create slideshows and screensavers of your favorite photos, and share them with friends and family, or display them on your Web site. You can even save your slideshow or screensaver project to edit at a later time. The Create Slideshow Wizard guides you through the process.
To create a slideshow:
- In Manage mode, click Tools | Create | Slideshow File.
- On the Welcome page, to create a new slideshow, select the Create a new slideshow radio button. To specify what type of slideshow you want to create, select one of the following options:
- Standalone slideshow: Creates a single executable file (.exe) containing all of your images and everything needed to view them. You can share this type of file with anyone who has a computer, even if they do not own ACDSee 12.
- Windows screensaver: Creates a standard Windows screensaver file (.scr) that can be stored and used on any Windows system.
- Adobe Flash Player slideshow: Creates a compact Adobe Flash file (.swf) that you can display on a Web site.
- To edit an existing slideshow or screensaver project, select the Load an existing slideshow project radio button, and then click Browse to locate your project (.asw file).
- Click Next to continue.
- On the Choose your images page, you can view the images included in your slideshow, in the default order they will be displayed. Click Add or Remove to change the images, and use the arrow buttons to reorder them. Click Next when you are ready to continue.
- On the Set file specific options page, click the underlined words beside each thumbnail to set the individual options for each image. These include transitions between photos, the duration of the transition and slide, text captions, and audio files to play when the image is displayed. Note that the options available depend on your choice of output file format, and not all formats support all options. Click Next when you are ready to continue.
- On the Set slideshow options page, set the timing for each slide to automatic or manual, the order to display slides, and whether or not to hide the controls. You can also add audio files to play in the background, and adjust the quality, or speed, of the transitions. Click Next when you are ready to continue.
- On the following pages, set the options for image size, location of your slideshow file and the project file.
- Finally, click Next, and wait a few moments while ACDSee 12 generates your slideshow. When complete, you can launch your slideshow, exit the wizard, or start the Create Disc Wizard to burn your slideshow onto a CD or DVD.
If you assign an audio file to an individual image, as well as to the whole slideshow on the Set slideshow options page, then both audio files will play simultaneously when that slide displays.