The following steps are a basic overview of how to use the Duplicate Finder. There is also extensive context-sensitive Help in the plug-in dialog box to provide you with additional information.
Limit your search by selecting only a portion of the photos or images in a folder.
To find duplicate files:
- In Manage mode, select a folder or images to search for duplicates.
- Click Tools | Find Duplicates.
- In the Duplicate Finder dialog box, on the Select Search Type page, add any other files and folders you want to search.
- Do one of the following:
- To find duplicates within the files and folders you added to the list, select Find duplicates within this list of files.
- To compare files between the list you created and another group of files, select Find duplicates between these files and another list.
- Click Next.
- If you are comparing the files with another list, add the files or folders you want to compare to the second list, and then click Next.
- On the Search Parameters page, specify whether you want to find exact duplicates, or just files with the same name.
- Select Find images only if you only want to search for image files.
- Click Next.
- If no duplicates are found, click OK and refine your search or click Cancel to exit the Duplicate Finder.
- If duplicates are found, specify from which list you want to delete the duplicates, and then select the check box next to the files you want to delete. You can also right-click a file name to open, rename, or delete a file.
- Click Next to review your changes, and then click Finish.