You can configure ACDSee 12 to work with a variety of image editors, such as Canvas, and specify which image editor ACDSee 12 uses by default. You can then open images in any of your image editing applications from within ACDSee 12.
To add an image editor to ACDSee 12:
- In Manage mode, click Tools | External Editors | Configure Editors.
- In the Configure Photo Editors dialog box, click Add.
- Browse to the folder on your hard drive that contains an image editing application.
- Select the executable file of the editing application. For example, Canvas9.exe.
- Click Open.
- In the Name field, type a name for the editor, and then click OK.
To manage your image editors:
- In the Configure Photo Editors dialog box, in the Editors list, select the application you want to change.
- Do any of the following:
- To change the location of the executable file or the name of the application displayed in the Editors list, click Edit. Set the location and name of the application, and then click OK.
- To set the application as the default image editor for ACDSee 12, click Set As Default. The default editor opens when you use the right-click menu in Manage mode, or when you click CTRL + E.
- To specify whether the application can handle multiple images at the same time, select or clear the check box in the Supports Multiple Images column.
- To remove the application from the list, click Remove.
- Click OK to accept your changes and return to ACDSee 12.